The AIU Open Distance and eLearning Department (ODeL) was established in 2013 but was operationalized in 2015.
The Department (ODeL) is responsible for the administration of Africa International University’s Course Management System (CMS), currently Moodle, which houses all online and hybrid courses as well as providing course shells for those face-to-face instructors who wish to use the CMS to supplement their course.
ODeL is also charged with supporting the developing online and hybrid programs, supporting the use of enterprise eLearning technologies, providing and supporting the use of classroom technologies, and producing multimedia content for in-class and online delivery.
In addition ODeL provides assistance to faculty with course development and deployment as well as Moodle support services.
Technology integration to enable and enhance empowered, self-managing, lifelong learners
To provide electronic-based accredited courses, and associated support services, to students through nontraditional methods of course delivery to afford flexible access to classes and programs of study.
Overall, Our goal is simple: empower your success. The other goals of Open Distance and e-Learning at Africa International University are:
- To maximize accessibility to courses and programs by removing the barriers of location and time. Maintain flexibility, convenience and quality of course content delivered via eLearning.
- To advise, support and coordinate professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.
- To provide additional access to academic and student services.
- To promote the utilization of existing and emerging technologies to enhance the teaching and learning experience
- To provide highly interactive platform equipped with well sorted e-resources
1. Excellence with Relevance
2. Faith with Integrity
3. Leadership with Servant hood and Stewardship
4. Innovation with Community